Connect with us


Video: Narrow Escape For MP Supriya Sule, Saree Catches Fire At Pune Event



Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) MP Supriya Sule’s saree accidentally caught fire during an event in Maharashtra’s Pune on Sunday.

In a statement, Ms Sule later said that she is safe and there was no reason to worry.

The Baramati MP was at an event in Hinjawadi to inaugurate a karate competition, when her saree caught fire while she was garlanding a small statute of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.

A video of the incident shows the NCP leader’s saree accidentally a lamp kept on a table while she garlanded the statute.

“At the inauguration of a karate competition, my saree accidentally caught fire. However, the fire was doused in time. Request all wellwishers, citizens, party workers, and leaders not to worry as I am safe,” Sule said in a statement.

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Copyright © 2021 SouthAsianJournal